Thursday, April 23, 2009

Page views through the roof.

Page views through the roof...
My page at my online book publisher’s web site tracks my page views. Normally I track about 100 page views per week. This past week I was over 640 page views. Interesting coincidence that I was on vacation for the week… doing nothing to drive page views. Someone must have posted a link on a beauty industry related site and I am getting a lot of click through traffic. I checked my http://www.clipperguy.com web site. Click outs from there to my book page are at the same level as usual. There is a slight delay from page views to book sales, so it will be interesting to see if all this additional view traffic results in a higher level of sales. This will indicate if the gateway that is sending the traffic is sending realistic prospects or just traffic. At first I though I might be a featured title from the publisher on their page… that would explain lookie loos… and few real sales.
Stay tuned… the mystery will be solved. Mean while… Go there. Have a look. Buy a book.
http://www.blurb.com/clipperguy

P.S. Since I typed this we are on to the next week... page views are running ahead this week, but not at last weeks level... but definitely ahead of "normal". Hmmmmm? Interesting... Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment