Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Cutting my own hair - Chapter 3

Ivan Zoot and the adventures of ClipperGuy cutting his onw hair - The saga continues. It is both the tale of my own hair cut but also a living lesson for yours. Read on...

A review of my ClipperGuy top 5 tips for successful home haircutting starts with this one:

Tip number 1 - Work with clean hair. A shampoo the night before or just prior to a haircut makes the hair easier to work with. Hair that is free of styling product and scalp oil will section better, lay more naturally and be easier to work with. You do not want the hair to be wet and dripping, just clean and towel dried, damp.

For my haircut experience I was cutting my hair at the end of a long day. The gel was all brushed out and the basic look/shape of the cut was in place. I had run wet fingers through my hair to put it where I wanted it. Since this was to be a clipper cut I was to work with drier hair. The basic shape was there and this was not to be a full revamp of my look, just good steps in a better direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment