Friday, April 3, 2009

Cutting my own hair - Chapter 1

So, after 21 years in the business it has finally come to me cutting my own hair. Over the next few blog entries I am to tell to story of just how we cam to this point in my technical development and the actual adventure of the cut and its results.

Stay tuned. it is to be an interesting trip.

As many friends and readers know I get frequent haircuts. During my shorter phases I am known to get a cut every week. Some times I go to my favorite barber in the neighborhood. he is amazingly skilled but a bit slow on the cutting. haircuts are long. The wait can be long, but the cuts are PERFECT. Well worth it at times. If I am to be on TV there is nowhere I would go besides Roy.

Lately I have not had the time or the location to go to Roy. Lately I have had a few less than ideal haircuts. The last one was really bad. The quote from a co-worker was "like a cross between Eddie Munster and Wolverine". Not good.

Recently Andis has seen an upsurge in the sale of home haircutting kits. We have sold them for years and their volume has grown with the company. In recent quarters, though, with the softening of the economy, home haircutting has become a fashionable way to shave the budget and save a few $. I have long been an advocate of home haircutting. I do not believe in the past it has cut into salon traffic... different groups of folks. Now, though, I can see it might be making a dent.

So, between the recent issues I have had and the recent surge in this as a legitimate option for more and more folks it was time for me to give it a go.

At the very least, I figured, I am supremely more qualified than most to attempt this.

Stay tuned. More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment