Monday, April 6, 2009

Cutting my own hair - Chapter 2

Cutting my own hair - Chapter 2

Home haircutting has been everywhere lately. Blame it on the economy. Blame is the wrong word. It has been a very good thing for my economy and Andis’ business. Sales of home haircutting kits are way up. Traffic on YouTube for the cutting videos is up. People are looking to save a $ anywhere they can. Home haircutting is an easy choice. My motivation was not $. I would gladly pay a bunch more for a great cut. I am just like everyone else, though, I do not want to pay a penny for a bad one. My reason for thinking I should cut my hair was purely based in frustration.

With a keen business eye focused on home cutting and its current opportunities I have been working on ideas for me and Andis. I am leaning towards home cutting as my real opportunity to make the leap from “fame” and awareness within the industry to broader appeal to the masses of the hair covered world. Might there just be opportunity for a “celebrity hair cutter” who has risen through the ranks of the professional side of the business to carve out a niche as the savior of the everyman haircut and the aspiring, frustrated home hair cutter?

To that end I have been prepping for TV opportunities and print articles by crafting my “ClipperGuy top 5 tips for successful home haircutting”. These not only will form the basis for my efforts to propel the topic into the mainstream but also as guideposts for my personal adventure.

My next five blog entries will list these tips. Stay tuned as the story progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment