Monday, October 13, 2008

The 1 Hour Class

The 1 hour class

I had a busy day of fast classes. I am really digging the 1 hour class. At most shows the breakout classrooms are 1-hour long. In cases where the state is in a license renewal year the classes are almost always 2 hours long. At Mid-America this year the classes were all 1 hour. By the time I am done with my intro and by the time I have covered care & maint. of clippers I have just about 20 min for REAL technical content. Perfect. These classes were fast and fun. I had SRO crowds in every one. With just 1 hour of info many attendees cam beck for more and most brought a friend back to see what they missed. I had 7 classes over the 2 days. I shared 7 different, unique technical concepts over the days. One of the keys is that I was selling hard and fast the entire way through. In each class I told them what classes they had missed and what classes they had yet to come. Be on the lookout for more show schedules with more one hour classes. I am planning to run with this format ‘cuz it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment