Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Wednesday Vocabulary - B

Wednesday is vocabulary day. I will feature a blog post every Wednesday that shares another important clipper vocabulary word. I will do one letter each day from A to Z and back to A again. I likely have few years’ worth of Wednesday words in my Clipper Talk book so I will not likely run out for some time. I am also open to and soliciting donations of words. If you have a word and its definition in the world of clipper cutting that I need to feature please offer it up. Send me an email.

B is for Backhand Cutting

A clipper cutting technique in which the clipper is help backwards in the hand and sections to be cut are held in the fingers. This technique is preferred as an interior layering technique on any length of hair.

The picture demonstrated the hand hold for this technique. It is easy to do, fun to use, and much safer than scissor point cutting. it is great for cutting kids so as to lessen the chance of cutting your fingers. It also allows the application of clipper texture and speed where many of us have not chosen a clipper.

Links I like:

Here is a dictionary and thesaurus for the stuff I do not know:
http://www.merriam-webster.com/

This is behindthechair.com. You should have an account here and subscribe to their daily web updates. Good stuff for our biz:
http://www.behindthechair.com/

This is a cool barber shop that I visited this week. You should go here. Look. learn, get a great cut (I did).
http://belmontbarbershop.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment