Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Salon International, Room to Move

Salon International, Room to Move
We the haircutters for the Salon International show in London, U.K. were treated to a lot more stage this year. It was really great. We had room to move. We had room to cut. We were not stepping on each other on a too small platform. It was really nice. The traffic on the floor was strong. In spite of the economic woes back home the crowd here was buying. The $ is a bit stronger than it was last year… not in their favor… but business was brisk. I cut more hair this year than I have in past visits. Likely there are 2 good reasons for this. Firstly, the crew from the distributor has taken well to our line. The booth staff knows the Andis product better and better each year. They have most of the answers to most of the questions so they are relying on me less and less. This is good. This is one of the big reasons why I am there each year in the first place. This way, if I am on the platform cutting a bit more there is more room in the booth for them as well. Everyone is happy. The second reason that I cut more hair this year is that after 3 trips over there I just might have figured out how to present to this crowd. I am not the fastest to pick up on this type of stuff. I will blog more on this point in an upcoming post, but, bottom line, I have figured out how to connect with them on a proper level and they, the crowd, have responded to these changes in my presentation. Stay tuned for this learning experience.

Links I like:

This is the web site for MK the Andis artist from U.K.
http://www.mkhsa.co.uk/

This is Denman our distributor in the U.K.
http://www.denmanbrush.com/

This is the site for habia an accredidation board in U.K. for technical education
http://www.habia.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment