Thursday, November 13, 2008

Trend Watch 2009

Trend Watch 2009
Bows, Buckles, Belts
One of the most interesting parts of my trip to the U.K. each year for the salon International show is ClipperGuy Trend Watch. This is me looking around. This is me trying to spot what will be the big trends in hair fashion and style in the coming year back at home. If you and I are to believe that these trends start over there, move across the pond to our eastern and western shores, and them migrate to the heartland, going over there and looking around can be very insightful. It can be inspiring too. We are just sooooo American over here… but that is a rant for another blog. What did I see? The biggest trend to pop out at me first was bows, belts and buckles. Accessorized details added to boots and handbags. Last year the trend was to skinny jeans and boots. Those boots were narrow to the calf and sleek in design. This year all the boots have stuff hanging off of them. Specifically bows and buckles. Sometimes, both. Tall boots had sets of 3 bows or 3 buckles running up the back of the calf or along the outside. Even with flats I saw many women wearing knee socks with bow detailing at the hemline. Shiny chrome, brushed nickel, and antiqued brass were some of the hardware finishes I saw. I did not see bright tone brass fittings. Handbags had similar detailing as did jackets and blouses. Lots of hardware and lots of stuff hanging on and off of the silhouettes. Is this an extension of or an evolution of the trend to military inspired clothing for civilians? When looking as tome of this stuff dangling off of some people I was quick to think of images of soldiers with all sorts or gear clipped and strapped to backpacks and body armor.

Links I like:
THis is an amazing fashion trend site
http://www.fashion-era.com/trends_2009/2009-winter-looks-key-autumn-fashion-2008.htm

Here is an example
http://www.shoezoo.us/images/naturino/nf7_buckleboot.jpg

And another image
http://www.funkylegwear.co.uk/shop/images/IMG_1223.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment