Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Pedometer Project

The Pedometer project
They passed out pedometers at a recent Andis meeting. Part of an ongoing wellness campaign. Ever year they are tracking walking. They walk to a specific destination. I seldom participate as I am no tin the office much. This time I decided, lets see how far I walk and how fast. I am tracking the pedometer. I will continue to post the distance on Twitter and in my blog. Lets see just how far I can get and how fast. Our sales team was told that whoever walks the farthest by Cosmoprof in Vegas gets $100. I will easily have that in the bag… unless our west coast sales manager gives me a “walk for my money”… or a run. My stride is about 2.5 feet so 2,112 steps = 1 mile for me. I wonder if I can walk to Vegas by the time we get to Vegas. Vegas is 1,809 miles from the office. This is 9,551,520 feet or 3,820,608 steps on the pedometer. How about walk to London by the time I go to London in October? Stay tuned. As of today I am at 102,438 steps… 48.5 miles or to about 8 miles short of Janesville WI. I am on my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment