Monday, June 1, 2009

Cutting my own hair - Chapter 13

Cutting my own hair - Chapter 13
Freehand carving
This was a lot of fun. My hair is shaping up nicely. I had my contacts in and was using the guards to taper up the sides. The top is grown out enough that there was some overhang from the top to the taper. I cannot really cut clipper-over-comb on my one head… so it was time for another technique. It is time to freehand carve. An OA F/D blade on a detachable blade clipper would be ideal for this… but as a noobie to cutting my own hair I was to go with an Easy Style clipper with a #1 guard in place… just in case I dip in too deep. This was easy t do. The slight angle of my mirror and my standing so close, right up onto it made this easy to see and easy to maintain control of what I was seeing and cutting. I was able to do a superb job of blending in the top/sides.

No comments:

Post a Comment