Thursday, May 7, 2009

Cutting my own hair - Chapter 11

Cutting my own hair - Chapter 11

Taper guides

I have always laughed at the left and right side clipper guides that Andis sells with their home cutting kits. They seemed amateurish to me. I have used them to demo in consumer presentation, but have never considered them serious tools. Well, a change in perspective can create a change in attitude and opinion.
I have been using these angled, tapering guides to cut the corners and around the ear on my own haircut. They really work well. I knew that they would. I knew that they do. I can do the tight corner taper with a #1 guide on my own by tipping the guard… hey, that is the skill you develop as a pro… but these little suckers really make it easy. Since the front corner is the first thing you notice on a short tapered haircut it is important that this point looks good. And these guards have made this very easy. Try ‘em on your own head. Still would not use one on someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment