Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Clipper Tip #5

Tuesday is Clipper Tip day. Now that I am posting blog entries 5 days each week I am devoting one day each week to a clipper tip. This will be a Clipper Tip taken in numerical order straight from my clipper Tips book. Put these tips to work for you and accelerate your clipper cutting today. You can use them every day… not just Tuesdays! I have included related links as well. Surf on!

Clipper Tip #5 - Sock 'em

Transport clippers in large, thick socks to avoid chipped teeth, scratches and abuse.

I have done this for many years. I have "clipper socks" that have 1,000's of frequent flyer miles. I bought 3 pair (6 socks) at Walmart nearly 20 years ago and I have used them ever since. This is a small, 1 time investment that will last for years. I do not think I have ever washed them either. I bought the grey ones like they make the sock monkeys out of. They are big and fluffy. They work perfect. Slip the clipper in the sock and scrunch up the extra and wrap the cord around the entire ting. Clipper is safe and protected. This is ideal for those of us who travel with tools. Cutters who work in more than 1 shop or location or go out to cut shut-ins... this is a great tip. See the pic included.

Links:
Here are the socks I like:
http://workingperson.com/products/22_113_368/1/1254/Fox_River_Mills_Socks:_Monkey_2-Pack_Cotton_Blend_Socks_6851-2.html

Here is the site for making sock monkeys with the extras:
http://lennytaylor.freeyellow.com/Monkey.htm

Your finished sock monkey should look like this:
http://urbanfarmgirl.net/wp-content/uploads/2006/05/SockMonkey1.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment