Thursday, September 15, 2011

The power of social networking - Guest blog - Kenny Duncan


Guest post from Andis team member Kenny Duncan

The power of social networking!

As I was looking to advertive an Andis clipper cutting class in the northern NJ area, I was looking for barbers and stylist to friend request on facebook to inform them of the class. As I was looking I came accros Klippers Barbershop, which caught my attention because of how well the barbershop was branded with the Klippers Barbershop logo. I was so impressed I had to add this barbershop to my facebook group for barbers called Clippereducation.com powered by Andis. I had to share what I was impressed with in this forum of 1300+ barbers from accros the globe, because we all can be inspired by the work of somebody who loves our craft just as much or even more than we do.
As a result I found out the name of the owner of this barbershop, Danny Amorim. Danny and I Started Networking on this open forum for barbers, which lead to him finding out about the series of Andis clipper cutting classes I was teaching in his area. When he came to 2 of the classes I shared how I was impressed with his efforts to brand his business and I gave him an opportunity to share his story with both classes, and they were impressed too. He and I left each class inspired for greatness.

After Danny was exposed to a whole new world of opportunities, he wanted to see more, so I told him to visit an industry trade show. To make a long story short , he came to the Bronner Bros show (one of the biggest trade shows of its kind), and I gave him a shot to showcase his talents on the Andis stage. He was elated by the opportunity and enthused to see other passionate barbers like himself. Another great thing was that the crowd recieved him well, especially the women who lived his beard!

In the end, we all learned from experience that social networking, when used for business can yield big dividends such as experiences, inspiration, motivation, and also education. The benefit in the end of all the networking that is done, is that in one way or another it leads to capitol generation. If that isnt a good enough reason for you to utilize social networks, than I dont know what is.

No comments:

Post a Comment