Monday, September 26, 2011

Inspired from the back row

I sat in the back row watching the presentation before mine. Waiting my turn. Listening for something I could use. I found it. A really neat-O hair cutting technique. Something I have never seen before... and I have seen a lot. 1 great idea is worth the entire price of admission. This one was well worth it.

It was a technique for trimming split ends and rendering an overall healthier look to longer hair. Trimming the base line does not do much to help. Re-layering does not allow the hair to grow out longer. Ignoring the split ends leaves them split... and prone to continued splitting up the hair shaft. Not good.

The presenter called the technique singing, as in singing with flame, like in the old days. Singing was a technique for lightly flaming off the ends of the hair. She did it with a scissors. I immediately figured out how I would do it with a trimmer... a clipper is too aggressive... a trimmer would be perfect.

I am to shoot a youtube video tomorrow featuring this technique... I will post it here to the blog shortly after. Stay tuned. Hate to be a teaser... but this will be great on video. Not so great if I just type it out. I promise... worth the wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment