Monday, October 8, 2007

Have one class, have another

I was invited to present a class, but no haircutting, just clipper care and maint. and clipper selection and newest and latest in clipper technology. No problem. An instructor from the school told me a few years back that they did not want a guest clipper cutter hot shot coming in and showing off all kinds of tricky things and leaving them to re-train all the bad habits I would surely bring to the students. I can respect that. There is no question that some of what I share is a bit unorthodox, hey, that is what MOST come to see anyway. But, an instructor with a solid program, having put a lot of effort into students, might just have reason to be a bit leery of me and my shtick. So I went. I did a class. The program went well. The students were receptive and energized. The next day the phone rang. Hey, could you come back and do a haircutting program? Apparently they liked what they saw. Nothing beats an energetic sampling of your goods or service. The day after the cutting class at the school I get a call from a local salon wanting a class. A student from the class is a receptionist at a local shop and was raving. I was invited to come to this school regularily to present to ALL haircutting classes. And so it grows. It is just like referrals behind the chair. Do good. Offer solid information and service and the new business will come running. It is nice to see that some things do not change.

No comments:

Post a Comment