Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Horizontal fading

The Barbers International convention was a great opportunity to share and learn from other professionals. I have always said that clipper cutting education is less about telling someone something new and more about reminding clipper cutters of great things that they forgot they knew. I got a great lesson in this from an attendee. A clipper cutter from TX reminded me of the idea of starting faded haircuts with a horizontal section cut around the head at the fade point parallel to the fade point as opposed to the classic approach of working perpendicular to the fade point. Many have heard me rail against putting in hard lines and then having to struggle to work these lines off. A 000 blade run around the head first, sideways, along the fade point will cut shorter below the fade point and longer above it due to the curve of the head. This sets you up for fast and easy fading. Try it some time. I think you will like it. But you already knew that. You just forgot you knew it… like I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment