Monday, August 20, 2007

Apple Tree haircuts

For the second year in a row I donated a morning to the Apple Tree campaign in my neighborhood. Apple Tree is a program that provides brand spankin’ new backpacks and all the needed school supplies for under priveledged kids in the community. A great idea last year was to add to the pick-up day visits, FREE back-to-school haircuts for the kids. Professionals like me donate a half day to come in and provide the FREE haircuts. It was just like any day in the shop from the old days. I did 15 haircuts from 9 to noon. It was split just about evenly between boys and girls cuts. The photo shows the wall of names of the kids who participated in the program. It is a big wall with a lot of names. It is a great program and I am happy to be a part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment