Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Who are your mentors?

I am always speaking about how important it is in the professional beauty industry to have mentors. Today I was asked by a student in a class who were mine? Good question. I have learned a lot form many. I speak frequently of them in my programs... give credit where credit is due. So I thought I would share a few here and a few reasons why...

1. Kenny Alsup - The king of the clipper cutter demonstrators. When I was a student Kenny was all there was. there is no better. 10 hour days on the platform, non stop. he can cur ANYTHING with a clipper. There are no Google results for his name on the web as his dominance in our industry predated the Internet.

2. Jim Jones - The distinguished gentleman of clipper cutting education. As a student I watched Jim on stage... inspired to teach clipper cutting. Jim is still the best and can still be seen on stages at the bigger shows. If you get a chance to see him... do not miss it. better yet... take a private class. Jim Jones web site here.

3. Wayne Grund - master educator, professional speaker, produce manufacturer... I was lucky to get exposed to Wayne early on in my career when his information, energy and ideas could have the most impact. Still a force in the industry and a great inspiration to many, including me. here is his product site... Google him for tons of great stuff.

More mentors next week... I have a lot of people to recognize. I have been very lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment