Monday, April 21, 2008

Visiting a legend

I am not sure why it took me 20 years in the business, but I finally paid a visit to the William Marvy Company. I was in town for a show and stayed an extra day for a class at a school. It would be impossible not to go to see the factory. I was treated to the grand tour. The family showed off their vast private collection of barber memorabilia. My favorites were some of the framed copies of old product ads from the company’s early years. The building has recently been treated to a multi-year exterior overhaul to bring it up to the grandeur of many years ago. The picture included with this post id from the street out front. Marvy is a long time Andis customer and we are proud to associate with another strong family business in the professional beauty industry with generations of dedicated stewards. Thank you again for your hospitality and continued enthusiasm for the Andis brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment