Friday, December 14, 2007

Barber shops galore

The December hurricane in Puerto Rico diverted my vacation to Phoenix. My barbershop radar is always on and tuned in quite well. I can smell the aftershave. I can hear the clippers from a good way off. On this trip I was picking up more shops than I have ever seen in any city in America. They were everywhere. I wonder just how many more shops there are here per capita than in other cities. There were shops in all neighborhoods. The usual range was here from very nice, retro/modern places to the old and dingy neighborhood favorites. I wonder if the numbers of retirees makes for more barbers available to work? Although in the shops I visited there were plenty of younger barbers to be found. More research is needed. Likely, during the winter again.

No comments:

Post a Comment