Monday, June 25, 2007

The Boarding Area

Time to go home. We were waiting for our flight home from Dallas. The boarding area was crowded. Our gate and the 2 neighboring ones were filled with soldiers awaiting flights to Iraq. They were sitting on chairs, standing in groups and clustered on the floor. I can sleep well knowing this well trained, qualified and proud group is out there protecting our freedoms. I can also take comfort in knowing the clipper cutting is alive and well in both the civilian world and the military. I very much enjoyed the opportunity to study some of the best clipper cutting on the planet. I saw a few flattops that had me longing for some flatness to the top of my hair (see the blog entry about my current haircut). It was interesting to have the time and the opportunity to closely study the vast array of interpretations of what some might think is a narrow category of haircutting that qualifies as “military”.

No comments:

Post a Comment