Sunday, February 18, 2007

The pile

The pile never seems to get any smaller. The pile is filled with gold. The pile also contains a bunch of junk. The big challenge is sifting through the pile to identify the treasures from within the heap. I have seen Andis in the pile quite a bit. I have seen our competitors in the pile as well. I have seen myself in the pile. Have I seen you in the pile? You need to be in the pile. The best and the most talented are in the pile. The loudest and the brashest are in the pile. The pile teaches me something every time I sift through it. The stuff in the pile surprises me every now in then. Some pieces of the pile come cheap. Some pieces of the pile are cheap. Some pieces of the pile are worth every penny you pay for them. Sadly, these are rare. The pile is the pile of beauty industry trade journals we get at Andis every month. It is quite a pile! When I have been gone for a while I can’t find my desk under the pile!

No comments:

Post a Comment