Friday, December 1, 2006

Vision Quest

My recent classes have had a renewed focus on visual issues when cutting. One reason for this has been the introduction of the HeadLight clipper and T-Light trimmer. My new mantra, and the tag line we are using to promote the tools, “you cannot cut what you cannot see” is true, easy to understand, and has really resonated with hair cutting professionals. The other area where this line has become more popular is in the use and application of the world famous Andis clipper combs. The white comb for dark hair and black comb for light hair schtick has been a staple of my classes since the day Andis offered the white comb for sale. The addition of the promotional line “you cannot cut what you cannot see” has made the tip more memorable and applicable. Sales of the two combs are at levels never seen before and show no sign of slowing. I cannot help but wonder if this is just another reminder of the aging graying baby boomer factor in American demographics. Hair cutters are grabbing anything that can help stave off the challenges of getting older. Remember, this is coming from a hair cutter who got bifocals a few years ago and is now the not-so-proud owner of trifocals. My lenses offer distance, reading and a custom hair cutting length from my eyes to a head of hair approximately 18 inches away. I cannot cut what I cannot see.

No comments:

Post a Comment