Sunday, December 3, 2006

Betcha' can't... Bet I can!

I have been sharing my idea for the fast and easy cutting of a bald fade on textured hair for quite some time. Just like my reverse blend classic taper, the idea is to cut the top first and taper/fade down the sides, avoiding the hard “fade point” line around the head. I have been claiming to be able to complete this cut in 7 minuets.

I guess that because I am the Andis expert, no one has questioned or challenged this claim… until yesterday. A group of barber students surrounded the Andis booth and asked if what they had heard was true? Can you really cut a bald fade on textured hair in 7 minuets? Of course I can was my reply. With that, one of the guys plops down in the chair and says, “lets go, cut me”.

I asked for a minute to get my tools set and get the client draped and ready. I grabbed my Andis Ceramic Advanced and off I went. About 9 minuets later I was done. The crowd agreed that I was allowed the extra two minuets as I was demonstrating and explaining and this slowed me a bit. I also offered up that since I am not cutting hair daily in a shop I am not in fighting trim and not capable of cutting at peak speed. I wonder how fast I could cut it with a little practice?

No comments:

Post a Comment