Saturday, October 7, 2006

Prowers County, CO

Do you know where this is? Ever heard of it? I know where it is… I’ve been there. Lamar Community College in Lamar, Colorado recently hosted a visit for a clipper cutting class. I was excited to visit there and to see a part of the U.S.A. that only clipper cutting… or maybe cattle ranching might have brought me to. I had dinner in a really modern looking Thai / Chinese restaurant. The food was great and the d�cor could have put this restaurant in any major city in the country. Just outside the restaurant window, on the chamber of commerce square, I got a very up close and personal look at a blade from a wind power generator. You have seen those wind farms along the hills outside of Vegas? There is a wind farm outside of Lamar and they put a blade in town as a local attraction and a promotion for the investment…way cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment