Saturday, August 5, 2006

In The Audience

When I go to a show I am usually the one on the stage. I seldom have the opportunity to sit in on other presenters. I welcome the opportunity when it arises. Sometimes I am interested in the content, however, most of the time I am curious to learn from the style and presentation skills of the speaker. This past weekend offered up a great opportunity. I was sharing the stage with 3 others at a large chain salon event. Standard policy is that I always go on last…no one wants to go after me. Since there was one shared stage and I was last I was waitin’ in the wings all day. I watched a wonderful Paul Mitchell educator. Nick Ortega is a talented, funny and giving educator. I enjoyed the way he interacted with the audience. Dennis Margo from Regis Corporation was fun to listen to and shared some great information. Just before my segment I had the pleasure of watching Frank Peterson from Redken. This guy was a real treat. Much of his material was old hat to many of us who have found success in our industry, but the real b eauty was in his presentation style. Funny and engaging, voices and mannerisms, energy and emotion…his program had it all. I can learn a lot from a guy like this. I need to go to a hair show more often…as an attendee…and so do you!

No comments:

Post a Comment