Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Testing 1, 2, 3

One part of my job where I have the most fun is the chance to play with toys. The engineering test samples of the tools and equipment our teams are working on find their way to my desk. These I consider toys. My job is to play with �em. Try to break �em. See if they will really do what engineering wants them to do and marketing wants to say that they will do. Sometimes they do. Sometimes they don�t. This week was an interesting version of a current clipper. This one did not work as intended. Sometines I have bad news. Sometimes the bad news is good news. Better to identify problems, challenges and opportunities when it is just in the idea stage. Once we have a warehouse full of �em it is a little late for tweaking. Sometimes the engineers have to beg for the samples back. Sometimes an idea is so good I want to keep the sample. At least I know that when it finally hits production I will be the first to have my very own.

No comments:

Post a Comment