Wednesday, November 9, 2005

Fighting for my clipper

A visit to The Akron Barber College in Akron, OH, a large classic barber school, was the highlight of my trip this week. This place is magical to me. A huge school, 40+ chairs, male and female students and a mixed ethnic clinic floor clientele. Overall, a great place to learn, a great place to teach and a fun place to visit. Not a bad place to get a haircut either as the students here do really superior work. An Andis school customer for many, many years. I visited with the owners and set up in a back classroom to demo some cuts, ask and answered hours of questions and show off some of the latest and greatest Andis tools. The new Andis Ceramic Advanced clipper was a hit with the students. It is small, light, fast and affordable. It uses all the UltraEdge and CeramicEdge BG series blades. When I told them the price they all wanted to buy one on the spot. When I mentioned my intention to leave behind the one and only I had brought I had a near riot on my hands. Out came the 2-part raffle tickets (I love giving stuff away and always have a roll of raffle tickets in my show bag). I gave away a bunch of hats, shirts, capes, barber jackets and my only Ceramic Advanced. Hey, there is a warehouse full of 'em on the other side of my office wall. I'll get another one when I get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment