Thursday, February 11, 2010

Busines builder tip of the week, week 6, 2010

Here is your Andis business builder tip of the week for week 6, 2010.
Always important... and the source of much arguing in many shops...
Mind the messages – Be aware of the radio station and the television channel that you broadcast in the shop. Are the messages and images you are exposing your clients to in keeping with the mood and feel of the business you are trying to build? Is the radio playing ads for other haircutting businesses? Is the television program in conflict with the values and temperaments of the clients you wish to retain? Is that magazine cover displaying an image that is appropriate for ALL of your traffic? Be sure the messages you support are supporting the growth of your business.
To me this one is very basic. But is it lost on many folks. here in Chicago we have one large salon/spa chain. They buy HUGE amounts of radio time during the holiday season to promote and sell gift certificates. Good for them, but, Many times I have heard their commercials playing on the radio while sitting in another shop. Bad for that shop. Mind the messages. In my shop we would play different radio stations during different parts of the day to reflect the tastes of our traffic. Today, if I had a shop, I would be playing mixes I created myself on my ipod.

No comments:

Post a Comment