Monday, August 3, 2009

Jackrabbits and Turltes

Jackrabbits and turtles
That is always the way it is in hands-on clipper education classes… jackrabbits and turtles. The jackrabbit learners pick up new things fast and run with them. The turtles need special attention and poke along at a much slower pace. Recently a clipper workshop had the biggest gap in skill and ability I have ever encountered. A few of the cutters were simply good clipper cutters. A few were experienced stylists and fast learners. This was ease, but still a challenge to keep them challenged and ward off bad habits and easy mistakes. The turtles were killing me. Some were students with zero experience - I can handle this. Some were very green stylists - I can handle this. Some were just a bit thick - I can handle this too. Trouble is not only having just too many turtles, but also having them in the workshop with a handful of jackrabbits hopped up on clipper cutting cutting enthusiasm and Red Bull. What a day! I love it! I can say that everyone learned something and everyone went home better than they were when they woke up that moring. Me included.

And so it goes as I head in to a week of intensive clipper classes. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment