Saturday, January 12, 2008

Moofing

I am a “Moofer”. At least the Chicago Tribune article I read on the plane this week says I am. What I do now has a formal name; “Moofing”. Remember you heard the term here first. Moofing is a term meaning “mobile out of office” worker. A moofer is defined by their circumstances that dictate that they work on the go. And the fact that they are easily accessable through several forms of modern technology in spite of the fact that they are not pinned down in a office all day. An email enabled cell phone or Blackberry type device is the key tool of the modern moofer. BTW, just got me a new one of ‘em. My bright red Palm Centro is an amazing little tool. Half the weight of my old Treo, about 1/3 smaller and way snazzier. Favorite feature is the built-in Google maps with full turn-by-turn mapping and directions software.

No comments:

Post a Comment