Wednesday, November 1, 2006

Salon (truly ) International 2006

It is a hair show. That is both the good and the bad news… On the bad side it is quite surprising to travel to the other side of the world to find that stylists are stylists, hair is hair and not much is different. On the good side… there is not much different… our talents are universal. Our skills are valued and in-demand throughout the planet. The language of cutting hair has no one language.

Stylists from Spain, Rumania, Russia, Italy, France, Switzerland, Germany and many other nations watched me share clipper cutting. They smiled and nodded just the same way that audiences in America do as I share my tips and tricks. They understood me completely even though some of them did not understand a single word. I guess the lesson here is… “Just shut up and cut”. Not a bad message… also, not the first time it has been sent to me !

No comments:

Post a Comment